Aug 4, 2009

Color As Comfort: What's Yours? Have No Idea? Let's Explore...



When someone asks me what my favorite color is, I completely blank. This also happens when I'm asked about favorite songs, food, movies...

When I saw this intriguing series of questions in the September Edition of House Beautiful that could help me determine, once and for all, what my truly favorite color is, I had to jump in. And I want to take you with me.


1. What's the first color you see in the morning?
White

2. What color are your eyes?
Hazel

3. What color do you wear the most?
Blue

4. What color do you never wear?
Purple

5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy?
Red

6. What color gets you the most compliments?
Green necklace or turquoise scarf

7. What color is your lipstick?
Clear, only use lip balm

8. What color was your living room when you were growing up?
Dark, greyish blue

9. What color was your bedroom when you were growing up?
White wall paper with primary color fat stripes; red, yellow, green, blue...

10. What color are your sheets?
Green

11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child?
Pink

12. What color is your car?
Charcoal grey

13. What color was your prom dress?
Black

14. What's your favorite gemstone?
Peridot

15. What is your favorite flower?
Peony or tulips; pink

16. What color makes you happiest?
Butter yellow

17. What color depresses you?
Maroon

18. What color calms you?
Green

19. What color makes you grind your teeth?
Anything fluorescent

20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to?
Purple


Well, I don't know how much clarity was gleaned from this, but it was fun. Honestly what comes to mind from this is that perhaps my favorite color is pink. Why? I think of the other colors I adore:

Grey
Blue
Green
Yellow

What makes me the most happy is when any of these colors is accented with...pink!

And of course, my favorite Book Buddy design is Sweet Charlotte...that should have been a sign.

Pink is my final answer. Your turn!

No comments:

Post a Comment