Aug 4, 2009
Color As Comfort: What's Yours? Have No Idea? Let's Explore...
When someone asks me what my favorite color is, I completely blank. This also happens when I'm asked about favorite songs, food, movies...
When I saw this intriguing series of questions in the September Edition of House Beautiful that could help me determine, once and for all, what my truly favorite color is, I had to jump in. And I want to take you with me.
1. What's the first color you see in the morning?
2. What color are your eyes?
3. What color do you wear the most?
4. What color do you never wear?
5. What color do you wear when you want to feel sexy?
6. What color gets you the most compliments?
Green necklace or turquoise scarf
7. What color is your lipstick?
Clear, only use lip balm
8. What color was your living room when you were growing up?
Dark, greyish blue
9. What color was your bedroom when you were growing up?
White wall paper with primary color fat stripes; red, yellow, green, blue...
10. What color are your sheets?
11. What color was your favorite crayon as a child?
12. What color is your car?
13. What color was your prom dress?
14. What's your favorite gemstone?
15. What is your favorite flower?
Peony or tulips; pink
16. What color makes you happiest?
17. What color depresses you?
18. What color calms you?
19. What color makes you grind your teeth?
20. What color would you like to try, but are scared to?
Well, I don't know how much clarity was gleaned from this, but it was fun. Honestly what comes to mind from this is that perhaps my favorite color is pink. Why? I think of the other colors I adore:
What makes me the most happy is when any of these colors is accented with...pink!
And of course, my favorite Book Buddy design is Sweet Charlotte...that should have been a sign.
Pink is my final answer. Your turn!
Posted by Reading Comfort at Tuesday, August 04, 2009