Aug 4, 2009

Back To School Days: Do You Have Your Book Buddy?

Photo courtesy of Bermuda Onion


When I was in college, I went to the library to use a computer, in the community computer room. There were no computers in dorm rooms and no one could even fathom a laptop. And I'm not THAT old, people. This was in 1995.

In 2007, EDUCAUSE published a study that reported laptop ownership on campus had increased from 52.8 percent of the student population to 75.8 percent in a two year time frame. Oh, and 36% of students owned two computers.

I love my laptop. I'm kind of obsessed, actually. What makes using it all the more pleasurable is my trusty Book Buddy. By placing my laptop on top of the mini desktop, it zaps away any heat the computer is generating, while the pillow portion allows me to find the most comfortable position to work. I know I have said this many times, but I utilize my Book Buddy everyday, for many, many hours.

If you or someone you love is heading off to school, you must consider giving something they never knew they wanted, that they will then adore more than they thought they ever could. Seriously.

Oh, and it's genius for books, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment