Aug 24, 2009

"Working" On Your Birthday As Comfort



As time goes by, we at Reading Comfort continue to ponder what comfort means to us (as you no doubt have learned by now). One aspect of the concept of comfort that makes me happy is how utterly subjective and personal it is.

For instance, today is my birthday and today I take comfort in working on my newest business. Many have balked at this and I must admit that my head is full of little voices saying "you shouldn't work on your birthday, you should be out having fun". Fun is another concept that is completely subjective (for instance, my sister's idea of fun is sky diving. Um, no).

Because I feel so passionately about what I do, often my work is fun. Or, at least it is for me. Honestly, I couldn't think of a better way to bring in this new year for me than to pursue my greatest love; healthy baking.

Reading Comfort
was born of love and passion when Myrna invented the Book Buddy for her mother, a voracious reader who had trouble gripping a book due to arthritis. A decade later, that love has touched countless others.

As a new business owner, I can think of nothing more inspirational.

Do you work or play on your birthday?

No comments:

Post a Comment