Jun 23, 2009

Books In Bed, A View Of The River, And Sex And The City: Diana's Comfort





Diana of Soap & Chocolate shared that her comfort comes in stolen moments...we hear ya!

At the risk of sounding tres cliche, curling up with a good book is one of the ultimate comforts for me. I love to read, but the majority of the time I have to do so takes place on the subway riding to and from work! That environment is not exactly the most conducive to relaxation. That's why I relish the few moments I can find to bury myself in a bunch of pillows on my bed and sip a cup of tea or coffee while I read. What's more, I live in Brooklyn and I have a great view of the East River from my bedroom window.
That pretty much describes the setting for the best weekend mornings!

I also love to revisit old movie favorites of mine, especially chick flicks. If I've had a rough day, there's nothing quite like popping in a good old standby, like Clueless, or even an episode of Sex and the City! It's the familiarity that brings back my sanity, I think - predictability in an unpredictable world. A little (okay, a lot) of ice cream usually helps, too. :)

I'm feeling comforted and relaxed just having written about that! It must be time for bed.

Thanks, Diana. Be sure to follow her blog, she makes deliciousness for herself everyday!


No comments:

Post a Comment